I went to a friend’s place once. She went out to pick her kids from school while I was still at her place. While she was gone, I felt the need to eat something. So, I got up and simply went to her kitchen and saw cottage cheese on her kitchen shelf. So, I just cut one slice and made myself a sandwich. The cheese tasted different, better.
When she got back, I told her that the quality of cheese that she is using is good and got a very surprising reply from her. She said that it was not cheese but tofu. It was the day I got to know about the undiscovered gem, tofu. Not just tofu tastes better but also the health benefits of eating tofu make it a better replacement for cottage cheese.
Yes, tofu and health go hand in hand, it is time you replace your cottage cheese with tofu.
What is tofu?
Most people are not aware of tofu. They don’t know what tofu is. Tofu is made by curdling soybean milk and then giving the thick soybean milk curd into soft blocks. The process is quite similar to the way in which cheese is made from milk.
Tofu is an ultimate health food. In per serving, tofu offers plenty of proteins, iron, calcium, amino acids and other nutrients like magnesium, copper, iron, selenium and phosphorus. The best part is that tofu is low in calories and fat.
There are different types of tofu like soft and silken tofu, fresh tofu, extra-hard tofu, processed tofu, dried tofu, fermented tofu and frozen tofu.
There’s a myriad of health benefits of tofu that people are unaware of. Here is a list of tofu benefits that you should know of. Take a look.
- Eating tofu helps prevent the risk of certain chronic disease like HBP, type-2 diabetes, lower bad cholesterol.
- Tofu can help prevent fatal diseases like prostate and breast cancer.
- Consumption of tofu on a regular basis can prevent early ageing.
- If you are struggling to lose weight, the high-protein content of tofu can help you lose weight. And also because it is low in fat and calories, it can be an ideal meal for someone trying to lose weight.
- You can keep cardiovascular diseases at bay by having tofu daily. It basically reduces the bad cholesterol levels and triglycerides and prevents the risk of strokes.
- Again, the high protein content in tofu helps you have smooth and toned facial muscles.
- The minerals and antioxidant can help boost the immunity.