Kombucha Tea is not just any regular tea. It comes with a lot of health benefits. From curing digestion to maintaining liver health, this tea has it all..
Kombucha is a fermented tea, which is in use since 1000 years. It is used as a health drink for its several health benefits. It is a fizzy, slightly sour drink packed with many health benefits and helps in preventing and curing several diseases and promoting healthy life. You can ditch your artificial energy drink for kombucha tea after reading its health benefits.
What is Kombucha?
When yeast and bacteria are added to a sweetened tea, it forms kombucha. It is believed to be originated in Far East China thousands of years ago. It was known as tea of immortality in traditional Chinese culture. The bacteria and yeast added to it make it sour, which is helpful for gut health.
Also Read: Anti-Inflammatory Diet: Heal Acne to Rheumatoid Arthritis
How to Make Kombucha Tea?
Kombucha is made using sugar, cold filtered water, black/green tea and scoby (symbiotic culture of yeast and bacteria). The steps involved in kombucha tea formation are as follows:
- Boil water in a tea pan
- Add black/green tea and sugar to it
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add scoby to it and cover it
- Leave it for a week to ferment
- The mixture now can be poured in an airtight container with some sugar and left for few more days
- It can be flavoured with spices like cardamom, cinnamon and fruits
- The fizz is due to the longer duration storing the tea for fermentation, making it even healthier
Health Benefits of Kombucha
Kombucha is packed with vitamin, minerals and acids, which helps in regulating the good bacteria in the body. It has a range of benefits from digestion to cholesterol control. Here are some of the benefits of kombucha tea, which will change your regular tea preference to kombucha.
Also Read: Guava Leaf Tea: Know The Benefits and Side Effects Of This Herbal Tea
- This fermented drink is packed with antioxidant which is known for repairing damaged cells
- Antioxidant not only helps in keeping various diseases at bay but also makes your skin healthy.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to have anti-cancer properties.
- The tea supports digestion. Kombucha is a fermented tea containing good bacteria, which is beneficial for gut health.
- It has a high level of probiotics, enzymes and amino acid, which helps indigestion.
- It is known to protect and prevent stomach ulcers.
- It is helpful in cases of constipation.
- Heart diseases claim maximum lives around the world. Kombucha tea can help in keeping your heart healthy.
- It is also helpful in regulating heartbeat
- Kombucha helps in balancing blood glucose level, keeping it within the normal range.
- It is more beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Also, it improves metabolism, which is affected by diabetes.
- Kombucha also reduces diabetes-related complication like blood pressure, inflammation, etc
Kombucha Tea For Weight Loss
Although exercise and diet are crucial to losing weight. Some drinks and food can help you supplement your weight loss journey. Kombucha tea is one of them. Kombucha tea helps increase metabolism, which can help in shedding weight. It helps burn calories and aiding digestion, which removes acidity from your body leading to weight loss.
Read more articles on Healthy Diet
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 13, 2019