Hair fall is very common and it affects men and women alike. Women are inclined to think that using expensive products advertised on the TV can help them control hair loss, but that is hardly the case. Research has shown that even after using expensive hair care products, people still lose hair.
Tips to control hair loss
You need to identify the factor which is causing hair loss and follow the hair fall control advice specific to your problem. In this article your will find some tips for hair fall control for men and women and details of how to control hair fall.
Avoid harmful chemicals
This may involve staying away from well advertised products for hair care.
Apart from these, fancy hair-dos such as streaking, colouring, permanent serums, straightening and rebonding break the hair down. These can easily cause hair loss as the procedures require your hair to be applied with several fancy chemicals and your hair is also pulled and messed around a lot by the hair stylists, which weakens them from the root.
Do not take stress
Stress is one of the prominent reasons for hair fall now-a-days, and it is the major reason for premature greying as well as hair fall.
You need to avoid stress from any source and take other steps of hair care.
Giving yourself a relaxing massage or a champi that includes the oils of Jojoba, almond and coconut has dual benefits.
Not only do you relieve your stress, the nourishing ingredients of the oil strengthen them from the root. 15 minutes of mild champi (so that you do not pull at the roots) daily can work wonders to relieve stress.
Ayurvedic treatment to control hair fall
The Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes regulation of diet, medicated massaging and application of herbs. There is always emphasis on leading a balanced life for providing a remedy for the condition. This would involve giving up alcohol and smoking or any other addictive substances. Ayurvedic treatment involves –
Diet – White sesame seeds, yoghurt, buttermilk, whole grains, sprouts, milk and green leafy vegetables are some healthy nutrients that should form part of your diet.
Massaging – Rubbing the soles of feet and the scalp with almond oil or coconut oil and using vitamin E rich oil for massaging has great benefits in controlling hair fall. Also, you can follow other home remedies to prevent or reduce hair fall.
Ayurvedic herbs – Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and apply sage tea on it. Licorice extracts and a massage with horsetail, stinging nettle, rosemary and birch for stimulation of hair re-growth.
Specialised ayurvedic treatments -You can contact an Ayurvedic practitioner for some specialised treatment for hair loss and stress. Shirodhara or draining medicated oil on the forehead is one such procedure.
Aloe Vera For Hair Fall Control
If you are wondering how to control hair fall aloe vera is your answer. Aloe gel is considered to be an effective remedy to fight all hair woes. You can apply pure aloe vera gel direct on the scalp. If hair fall is occurring due to irritated, dry, or infected scalp, aloe vera gel could balance the pH level and prevent hair from breakage. Massage your scalp with aloe vera gel and leave for few hours before washing it of with lukewarm water.
Neem Treatment to control hair fall
Neem has been used as a remedy for many health related problems due to its medicinal properties. Its astringent property helps reduce dandruff which can be effective for hair fall control.
Treat Wet Hair Gently to control hair loss
You must avoid rubbing or combing wet hair. Hair is more prone to breakage when wet. This can result in heavy hair loss and you could see a big clump in your brush.
Eat Eggs for hair fall control
Hair is primarily made up of proteins which can be found in abundance in eggs. If you want to know how to control hair loss, it is important to learn that protein-based foods like eggs boost hair growth significantly. Besides this, eggs contain biotin and B vitamins which can prevent hair loss.
Consume More Salmon For Heathy Hair
Eating salmon has numerous health benefits for your brain, blood vessels, skin, and hair. A storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids, regular consumption of salmon can boost hair growth and its other constituents like vitamin B12 prevent hair loss and solve hair woes like dry hair.
Include More Beef in Your Diet
Make or a salad or simply slip in a slice of beef between your toast, you can have it anyway you want and the results will soon be visible on your hair. If you wish to see the best of results for hair fall control, choose fresh beef over its canned counterpart.
Beans too Can Help
Beans are a rich source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, and minerals. All these nutrients play an important role in hair growth. Also, beans contain a good amount of iron which can prevent hair loss.
Eat more Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds can be another rich source of all hair loss preventing vital nutrients like protein, zinc, selenium, biotin, potassium, copper, iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium, and calcium.
Munch on Nuts
Eating nuts regularly can keep your hair healthy for many ages. Nuts contain healthy fats and phytochemicals that are needed for fighting hair loss problems.
Go Green with Spinach
If you want to control hair loss, spinach is the key. It contains a good amount of nutrients and antioxidants that can boost hair growth and fight all your hair woes.
To prevent hair loss, your body must have sufficient nutrients like zinc, protein, and copper. Your one stop solution for having all these nutrients can be eating a bowl of oatmeal in breakfast everyday.
Munch some Carrots
Carrots contain beta-carotene that can promote healthy hair and vitamin A that helps producing healthy sebum for scalp.
Eat Sweet Potatoes
Regular consumption of sweet potatoes can fight problems like hair loss effectively. It contains beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body.
Cut it off
If you were looking for hair control tips for men, the cutting your hair short is the best remedy for you.
Ditch the Creams
The style on creams and gels can be creating havoc for your hair. Quitting them could be one of the most effective remedies for hair fall control for men.
Apart from that, people experience hair loss due to lack of maintenance and negligence.
Try these tips for lifestyle changes and hair fall treatment to prevent further hair loss. Here are a few other ways in which you can stop hair loss:
- Hair being the most exposed part of your body has the tendency to gather dust, heat and dirt in no time. Therefore, we all experience a certain dryness and dandruff very frequently. These are the prime contributory factors for hair loss and can be curbed by covering your head with a cotton scarf while travelling. Fashion conscious people can opt for hats, caps and stylish umbrellas to complete their look.
- Oil your hair. Most people avoid or forget applying oil to their hair which makes the scalp produce oil on its own to maintain the moisture level of the skin. This is often misconstrued as a sign of oily scalp. This is not true! Oil your hair once a week to feel the change and the difference in the quality of your hair.
- Avoid dyeing, blow drying and ironing your hair frequently. This makes the hair brittle and changes the texture of the hair drastically. Repeated sessions of applying direct heat on your hair strands can cause long term damage to your hair such as thinning, loss in shine and baldness.
- Many spa salons offer spa treatments for your hair which last for 30—40 minutes leaving your hair nourished. This can be another alternative to stop hair loss.
- Apply freshly prepared henna on your hair along with one egg and curd. Make sure it reaches in all corners of the scalp. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with water. Shampoo your hair the following day. This stops hair loss within 15 days and also adds more volume to your hair.
- It is true that hair is the second most fastest growing organ in the body apart from the bone marrow. But one must realise the damage caused to our hair is speedier than the growth pattern of our hair thereby, giving the follicles less amount of time for regeneration. Vitamin E capsules should be mixed in oil (at least two capsules if hair loss is more) and applied two times a week for best results.
- Apart from that, include a lot of protein in your daily diet. Protein and iron helps rebuild the loss of tissue in the scalp and helps strengthen the follicles so that they can hold the hair root more firmly.
- Women suffering from extreme hormonal imbalance tend to suffer from hair loss. For this, one should consult a gynaecologist for remedial measures.
- Avoid taking stress. Joining meditation classes or proactively participating in yoga can help you lead a better lifestyle. Most people witness baldness early in their lives and the prime reason for this is stress.
Image courtesy: Getty Images
Read more articles on Hair Loss.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.