1. Place the sugar in a small thick-bottomed pan and allow to melt on a medium heat.
2. Once melted, add the butter and cream (be careful as it will bubble and splatter)
3. Add ¼ tsp salt or more depending on your taste.
1. Place the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften
2. Heat the cream, milk and sugar until the mixture comes to a boil and the sugar has dissolved
3. Turn off the heat, add the finely chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes
4. After 2 minutes, stir gently until the chocolate is melted and mixture is homogenous
5. Squeeze the excess water from the soaked gelatine and stir it into to the cream and chocolate until dissolved
Assembly and serving:
6. Place 2 teaspoons of salted caramel at the bottom of a small jar
7. Slowly pour in the panna cotta mixture and allow to set for at least 4 hours in the fridge
8. When ready to serve, dollop a tablespoon of whipped cream on the panna cotta and top with salted caramel popcorn (To make your own salted caramel popcorn, pop some popcorn kernels in a large covered pot and toss a handful in the salted caramel).
Recipe courtesy of Kurvin and Vinasha of EverPeckish – follow them on Instagram for more recipe inspiration!