Failed in losing your love handles, yet again? Love handles are actually fat accumulated in the abdominal area of a person. These fats are due to the extra calories that people eat. Love handles are the same as any other body fat. To lose your love handles you need to reduce your overall body fat. It’s one of those body parts you don’t pay much attention to until you catch a glimpse of yourself walking in front of the video camera or during a beach vacation. The love handles can attack any body type, whether it is skinny or fat.
Toning up the love handles
Things you desire do not come easily, do they? But having a proper diet plan and a good work out regime might just smoothen the way for you. Here are a few simple tips which can help you reduce that flab around your waist:
- To tone your middle and love handle area you also need to strengthen your back. This creates stability in your torso and reduces the fat on your back.
- Lie on your stomach and lift your head up a little.
- You can keep your arms straight towards your sides or bend them with your elbows resting beside you.
- Lift your feet and knees off the floor and flutter your legs rapidly back and forth. Do this for 20 seconds. Take a 20 seconds break and then repeat again.
- Don’t wear a tight top: Some people wear a tight top and complain about how fat they are. Well, you might want to try a “not so tight” stuff to hide your love handles.
- Use mustard or low-fat mayonnaise on your sandwich as a substitute for regular mayonnaise.
- Skip the extra butter shot on your movie theatre popcorn and on every other snack.
- Drink at least three litres of water per day.
- Wear black clothing especially around your abdominal area. This is because wearing black can make you look slimmer.
- Choose skimmed milk instead of whole milk.
- Order a small drink instead of a super-sized drink.
- Instead of having aerated drinks, switch to a glass of fresh juice.
- Skip the butter or margarine in the pan when grilling sandwiches or eggs.
- Avoid fried food stuff and enjoy the baked ones.
- Eat a high-fibre, whole-grain breakfast cereal.
- Eat a snack-sized chocolate bar instead of a whole candy bar.
- Avoid heavy snacks like mashed potatoes, chips etc.
- Choose fruit canned in natural juice instead of heavy syrup.
- For ladies – wear a corset under your top or dresses.
- Do sit ups or crunches everyday.
- Leave 3 to 4 bites of food on your plate.
- Avoid having blue cheese.
- Eat an appetizer as your main meal instead of an entrée.
- Eat small chocolates at different intervals instead of munching on a big one.
- Eat 1/2 cup less of pasta or rice.
Cardio Exercises: Cardio workouts are counted among most effective muscle toning exercises. In addition to decrease weight of your torso, the exercise will help you lose unwanted fat from rest of the body parts. A schedule of cardio exercise must span atleast 40 minutes, which should be performed at least thrice a week. Running, biking, swimming, rope skipping, stair stepping and brisk walking are some of the cardio exercises you can choose from.
Build Muscles: The activity of toning extra fat into muscle mass triggers metabolic process, increasing caloric burning for everyday. Among muscle building exercises are bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, push-ups, pull-ups, squats and lunges. Remember the simple rule, expending more calories than consumed leads to fat reduction.
Body Rotation/ Movements: The physical activities such as body rotation and movements should be included in everyday schedule. Activities such as sitting on a Swiss ball and performing rotations contribute significantly to the cause of losing love handles.
Dietary Changes: Foods that are high in calories and low on essential nutrients should be eliminated from dietary regimen. Instead of processed foods and refined foods, go for nutrient dense foods such as whole grains, fruits, green vegetables, lean meats, low-fat dairy products and fish. High caloric beverages such as sweetened fruit juices, soda and alcohol should be avoided.
Ample Water: Drinking ample of water is advised, as it is calorie-free, helps in remaining hydrated and removes toxins from human body.
Image courtesy: Getty Images
Read more articles on Weight Loss.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app