Fancy and colourful dinnerware always attract our attention. But did you know that these good-looking pieces of your dinner sets can lynch your food with hazardous elements? Lead enamels found in the paint used in these decorative pieces can be highly toxic for your health.
The list of reasons why you should be buying more of quality dinnerware is a long one and here is a tad bit more to add to that list.
You must always choose dinnerware made of high grade non-toxic (lead-free) enamels. Such dinnerware are extremely safe, even for daily consumption.
Non-porous in Nature
High quality dinnerware are made of opal glass and are non-porous in nature. This means that they do not absorb food particles, preventing growth of bacteria. Thus, making your dinner set totally safe and hygienic.
No Wear and Tear
Good quality dinnerware does not experience wear and tear easily. If your dinner set is of high quality, it wouldn’t scratch easily and will be extremely safe to use.
Makes Food Resistant to Heat
If you serve acidic food in a normal kitchenware, it would cause erosion of particles of the utensil. When these particles are mixed with food, they make food unhealthy for consumption. Choose dinnerware made after tempering, which is a complex process that increases strength of the product three times more than normal glass and makes it heat-resistant.
Thermal Shock Resistant
Thermal shocks in microwave can cause erosion of particles in your dinnerware. Therefore, a good quality dinnerware will be resistant to thermal shocks, making your food safe for consumption.
Image source: Getty Images
Read more on Healthy Eating.